BMW delivers standard blue tooth functionality for your cars. However, do you know that your car actually comes with this hidden "Enhanced USB and Bluetooth" feature which allows two phones to be paired with your bluetooth interface and able to access your text messages and emails and able to read out to you while you are driving?
To check your phone compatibility, please visit this link:
Here's what you need to do:
1) Review the VO code edit steps shown here:
2) On step 5 of the mentioned PDF, simply add VO code "6NS" to the element instead of removing any values.
3) Perform the rest of the mentioned steps and perform "code" on your "HU_ENTRYNAV" module only. Note that it will code back to your original factory setting.
4) Remember to backup your CAFD files as these steps involves factory reset your HU_ENTRYNAV module entirely and all your customized codes will be gone. Be familiar with CAFD files restoration steps to recover your original settings.
5) Unpair all your phones from your bluetooth
6) Go to the Bluetooth section, press the "Option" idrive button and go to "Options" -> "Configure Bluetooth" and check the "Telephone 1" and "Office" options.
If you are pairing 2 phones, the first one should be selected as Telephone 1 during pairing and the second one needs to be selected as Telephone 2 for both phones to work at same time.5) Test your new enhanced bluetooth functionailty by pairing your phones and enjoy the music!
NOTE: If you have coded your ECU with 8.8 inch screen, you will need to set the correct settings for your display resolution and display variante parameter otherwise, it will display a blank screen instead.